The Spring Interfaith Dialogue Council is composed of volunteers from many congregations in the Spring community and surrounding areas who meet monthly and sponsor events encouraging dialogue for understanding our diverse faith communities.
- Jean Thomas, Committee Chair: Jean joined the SIDC in 2010 as a representative of Northwoods Presbyterian Church, where she has been a member since 1983 and served on a variety of committees.. Since retirement, Jean has been absorbed with quilting and enjoy working with the Northwoods quilting group making quilts for NAM. Jean also sings in the Northwoods Sanctuary Choir. Her husband Doug is a retired educator and they enjoy attending the Houston Symphony, Concerts at the Centrum, the Texans and Astros games and a variety of plays.
- Mubasher Ahmad: Mubasher Ahmad earned his M.A. (English), M.A. (Urdu), and LL.B (Law) degrees from the University of Peshawar, Pakistan. Prior to emigrating from Pakistan to the United States in 1969, he taught as an Associate Professor for five years (1964-69) at the University of Peshawar.
For last 28 years, Mubasher Ahmad has devoted his life to convey the message of Islam by facilitating
Islamic information and its relevance to modern societies. He has addressed numerous academic, religious and civic institutions, actively promoting multicultural and interfaith understanding. He has written numerous religious discourses and articles, including translation of some books from Urdu into English. He is author of a book Approaching the West.
Currently, he is serving the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community (AMC) as the Imam (prayer-leader) of Baitul Samee Mosque in Houston, Texas. In addition, he is the Editor-in-Chief of The Muslim Sunrise quarterly magazine – the first and the longest running American-Muslim periodical in the U.S.A
- Afshan Jilani: Afshan represents North Houston Area Mosques. She has been a resident of the area for 25 years and is the mother of three girls. Afshan works with Twogether in Texas, a premarital guidance council sponsored by the state of Texas offering courses to help prevent divorce and domestic problems. She is also a volunteer for Annisa Hope Center, a non-profit women's organization involved in addressing domestic abuse, women's issues and family assistance. In addition, Afshan teaches English as a Second Language classes and writes poetry in her free time.
- Judith (Judi) Payne: Judi joined the SIDC in 2009 as a representative of Congregation Jewish Community North, where she has been a member and chair of various committees for many years. Judi has lived in the North Houston area for over 30 years. She is involved in many activities, including serving as President of the Chai Group of Hadassah. Since retirement in April 2009, Judi has been active as a volunteer at Northwest Assistance Ministery in a number of departments, including Children's Clinic, Assistance Department, Learning Resource Center, and Interfaith Hospitality Network. She is also the Trip Coordinator for the CJCN Wise & Wonderful 50+ Group.
- Anais Watsky: Anais G. Watsky is founding member of the Spring Interfaith Dialogue Council. She has been a member of the Willowbrook Rotary Club since 1989 & serves on its board as the International Chairperson and the club’s Youth Exchange Officer. She also serves on the boards of the Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts and Adults Relating to Kids (ARK).